I’m always looking out for recipes that are easy, yummy and healthy so when my sister told me about these banana, egg and blueberry muffins I couldn’t wait to give them a go.
We recently received some gorgeous aprons from the lovely people at Ulster Weavers so this was the perfect opportunity to put them to the test! Getting my toddler involved with baking is great fun; however it can also be very messy so aprons for both of us are essential!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- A few handfuls of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4
- I use a silicon muffin tray but if you don’t you’ll need to grease the tray
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl
- Stir in the 4 eggs
- Put a layer of blueberries in the bottom of each of the muffin cases
- Pour in the mixture
- Bake for 15 minutes approx or until thoroughly cooked
Although I mashed the bananas my toddler did all the mixing and he also enjoyed sharing out all the blueberries between the cases. He was so proud that he had helped to make them and we both agree that they’re delicious (and healthy).
Wearing his smart owl apron made him feel like a real chef and he was determined to keep it on as long as possible!
I received these aprons as a gift from Ulster Weavers.