In an ideal world my toddler would happily sleep in his own room every night, however there are times when he needs some TLC and we give in to co-sleeping.
Here are 14 thoughts that go through my head when we do:
- It’s lovely and cosy us all being snuggled up together; we’re like three peas in a pod.
- I need to really enjoy this moment, before long he’ll be all grown up and will have no interest in night time cuddles.
- It would be so much easier to enjoy if I wasn’t being kicked every two seconds. Ouch!
- As I’m the only one still awake I may as well run through my ‘to do’ list.
- I think I’ll finish on item 23 I’m really sleepy now.
- They’re actually snoring in unison!
- I spoke to soon; that foot in my ear should muffle out the noise.
- There’s no way I can sleep with this heat – with three bodies in the bed it feels like the electric blanket’s on!
- Just imagine you’re lounging on warm sand on the beach…
- I can feel the spray of the sea… hang on that’s not spray! I’ve been sneezed on!
- I’m wide awake again now so onto item number 24…
- Hold on – why have I only got 3 inches of space and the other two are stretched out like starfish?
- Oh well, I just have to be really careful not to…
- 3 monkeys lying on the bed, mummy fell out and banged her head, mummy said a bad word and the daddy said ‘No more extra monkeys in the bed!’